View Single Post
Old 06-20-22, 04:45 PM
CrimsonEclipse

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked 651 Times in 383 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
I have to ask, do you have heavier thighs / more meat on the inside of thigh? saddles with a quicker curve of the skirt to the horn width may help. Many of the 'New' designs have a much 'slower' curve shape from sitz to horn - those may prove an issue...
I have found, for me, that saddles with a center cutout work well for me (although 2 of my favorites are old school style without the cutout), if they have a fast skirt curve from sitz to horn AND have a flatter shape (I don't have heavy thighs, inner or general volume, generally consider 'thin' in comparison). My suggestions are NOT based on what works for me, but on what you describe as you issues.
Finally, how often do you ride? If your time between rides is longer, like once every 8-10 days or longer, the sitzbones never get 'adapted' to the saddle pressure, and hurt/ache like hell every infrequent ride... Beginner riders will all suffer this, when they first do regular rides. Usually takes 8 to 10 days of regular riding for the serious ache to start subsiding. Often happens to regular riders who have to take the winter months off completely. Always good to add in some indoor 'riding' 1 or 2x a week, just to keep the hurt from coming back...
Ride On
Yuri
I don't understand the 'slower curve from sitz to horn"
Do you have a picture of said saddles?

The saddle has a cutout (or carve)

I ride 3-5 days a week, Would be more if I wasn't so tender.

Yeah, I have big ol' T-rex legs. Basically built like LOTR dwarf.

Maybe a saddle with a narrow horn?

I'll also try Rolla's advice and set a 5 degrees nose up position.