Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 438 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Trav1s
So the guy who cannot leave good enough alone is thinking about the list of items he wants to purchase and swap onto this bike. He decided to total up the total cost of the parts. Same guy sees that Canyon has the Roadlite 6 with the full 105 group on sale...

The parts list done the way he wants to do the upgrades comes up to over half of the Roadlite 6 on sale and shipped to his door. Beside the timing of it all, he has reservations about the Roadlite... like comfort, size, and lack of adjustment with the handle bars due to stem design. But in the end the additional money would net a very nice bike if the Canyon were selected over the upgrade route.

#firstworldproblems
He's doing more research and found this on ******:

"I have a 6 and it’s a great bike. I agree with the other commenter that the ultegra group set with the 7 is overkill. That being said, unless you’re dead set on the roadlite, I’d recommend an endurace/grail/grizl, or a hybrid from another brand. Why? Because the roadlite is a flat bar road bike. You’re as stretched out as you’d be on a canyon road bike without the additional hand positions and you’re limited to 32 mm tires. Another brand’s hybrid might get you 38+ mm clearance, which would make for a far more versatile bike."

And that was his big concern...