Old 04-26-20, 07:14 PM
teacherlady

Bikes: Enough

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Report back

I was > -6 in both eyes. At the recommendation of my eye surgeon, I went with lenses optimized for computer distance, about 3 feet. I am legal to drive without glasses for the first time in my life, though I'd much rather not, and, with some effort, can read larger type at arms length. I still wear progressives pretty much all the time; I have astigmatism, but more important, I feel too vulnerable without my eyes protected. I've been wearing glasses since I was seven, and I just don't understand how people can walk around with nothing between their delicate eyes and the world! I keep 1-diopter-stronger-than-my prescription drugstore glasses around for very close work or very small type, and keep drugstore readers for reading in bed, and am okay with my choice. It's nice to see some stars without my glasses, but I more often find myself wishing for better close-up vision than distance vision.

One thing I hadn't expected: I've been wearing photo-grey lenses for a while, and my new glasses don't get as dark as my old glasses did. They are only border-line okay for riding in bright sun for a few hours, where I rode all day for summer-long tours in the other glasses. I don't know enough about the process to know whether it's because they didn't dip the lenses long enough or because these glasses are so much thinner than my old glasses.
Likes For teacherlady: