Old 06-24-22, 03:47 PM
Tiny_Valkyrie

Bikes: Custom 2020 MaHall bikeworks gravel machine, 2021 Tumbleweed Prospector, 2019 Niner Air9 RDO, 2017 Norco Tactic, 1969 Raleigh Sports, 2020 Surly Troll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...I'm presuming that the username "Tiny Valkyrie" means that we are talking about someone smaller in stature (but large in spirit.)
I've spoken to such people over the years, many of them women, and they tell me there are fewer options for them in the classic bike marketplace.

Thus mixte frames and better quality step through frames are kinda what they end up riding. Like I said, that woman drove all the way from San Francisco to Sacramento and back, just to buy our mixte at the co-op. And she was very happy to get it. It's not so much insisting on these frames if you are a shorter woman, it's just what you can fit on.
3alarmer you are correct =). I am 5' 1", petite, but mighty person, haha. Probably not too many women on the forums. I am a master tinkerer and experienced bike mechanic that just enjoys working on bikes. I just like the look of the retro mixte frames much better than "beach cruiser" step-throughs, plus the overall quality seems better. Mixte's are classically elegant, IMO.

Last edited by Tiny_Valkyrie; 06-24-22 at 04:25 PM.
Likes For Tiny_Valkyrie: