cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,390 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by dbakl
Well, speaking from experience I HATE Regina freewheels.

In 35 years of messing with racing bikes, I bet I've successfully removed only 2 or 3 from wheels. The removal area is a small strip of metal, typically the strip just peels off with the tool, leaving no option but the disassemble and remove the body with a big pair of channel locks, throwing the whole thing in the trash (especially on older bikes where anti-seize wasn't used on the threads).

Give me a Suntour anyday! And use anti-seize on your hub and pedal threads or anywhere else where steel and aluminum join.
I'm sorry to say that I can't agree with you on Regina removal - at least, not for all of them. I've found the OROs to be quite easy to un-install; my pet peeve is that I must remove the drive-side axle nut and washers to slide the removal tool in.

I do agree that the two-prong Reginas are an absolute PITA to remove, but then again, so are the two-prong Suntours.

The Regina two-prongers are perhaps a bit worse, but then again, I wouldn't expect to find the cheap Reginas on anything but the low-end Italian trash - most all of the Reginas I have come across have been splined OROs. Only one two-prong Regina ever came my way, and it was on a p.o.s. Atala.

Take care,

-Kurt