View Single Post
Old 11-16-22, 04:34 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I use Zenni (inexpensive, but rated at the top in a Consumer's Report test if that means anything) prescription glasses. I like them since they provide an excellent field of view and allow lots of air flow between the lenses so they don't fog up.
Same here, I'm on something like my fourth or fifth pair of their sport sunglasses, gray. For less than $75 a pop, I don't mind scratching them or losing them, or when the little nosebridge thing falls off. I had a pair of really nice Raybans once - coddled them, kept them nice and clean for about three months, until I walked into the house one day and they apparently fell into a black hole, never to be found even after we moved and emptied the house. $300? Screw that.

Now, the thing is that I had a pretty hard crash a few weeks ago while wearing them. Landed on my helmet and glasses, watched the pavement come up. I think they behaved as their supposed to - they didn't shatter, but instead the lens popped out of the frame and the prescription insert went flying. I think the gray lens cut my face, but I have to say that if I had been wearing what I used to wear - drug store Lenscovers, etc., over my glasses - I'd still be picking pieces of plastic out of my face (if not my eyeballs). Just my 2 cents.
Likes For Chinghis: