Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3891 Post(s)
Liked 1,940 Times in 1,385 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Probably too personal person to person to say for sure.

Honestly, I personally feel on a RPE scale better recovered faster. Meaning I can do more of whatever I am doing, better.

1700 KJ is random sounding as the burn rate of glycogen is dependent on the power zones of each person. So a low power person can dip into burning glycogen without big KJ workouts. And big power folks can do mega KJ workouts without big glycogen spends.

I have found at tempo for 3 hours on one gel and drink mix only the glycogen is gone by about 2:15. Nutritional bonk. If I give it the fuel, no issues going all way to 3.

I need to try some sweetspot repeat workouts on max per hour fueling to see what I can do. I have never pushed the hourly limits of fueling intake.
All true.

Since I've concentrated on long rides, I've always pushed the nutritional limits. I know exactly what I can tolerate and what my ride-forever low intensity calorie/hour number is - they're about the same. Personally, I don't often do hard rides, i.e. glycogen burners, 2 or more in a row. If I'm going to ride back-to-backs, I put a limiter on my effort. I tried using recovery drinks after every ride, but gained weight. I definitely use them after exhausting rides. On our 10-day backpacks, we have a recovery drink as soon as we get into camp, even though my HR won't average much over 60% of LTHR.

I found that blog link with the protein advice, it was a CTS: https://trainright.com/masters-and-g...ning-mistakes/