Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
Some rough ideas

Process goals:
1) In the ~18 minute range up one of the local climbs.
2) 20 minute power in the 320 range
3) 5 minute power in the 400 range
4) Maintain a better cycle of intervals and proper work once the nice weather gets here
5) Maintain some lifting in my "diet" through race season to keep a better balanced body. (ie have less of a "cyclist" body and a more normal looking body type.. even if that will cost me some in the weight realm)

Race Goals:
1) Race less than previous years but with more focus
--- In those focused races I have some very specific results driven goals that I'll keep to myself. (https://blog.trello.com/science-back...are-your-goals)
2) Support some crucial teammates next year to get on the podium or victories.

Fun Goals:
1) Travel to at least one new bike event (not necessarily a race) somewhere I haven't been before
2) Race an xc ski race
3) Complete my Avy course and go on some backcountry tours
4) Compete in the open field at cx nats in Dec 2019 since it will be near my home town
I think I did most of these to some extent.
  • I did not hit 18 minutes up the divide this year, but did PR the segment.
  • 20 minute best power this year was lower than previous years, but next year I'll go for it. Maybe this fall if I feel an effort coming on.
  • 5 minute power didn't get there, but did set a lifetime best for 4 min power.
  • I had a bad July of training, but my August was incredible. Came into some incredible form through dedicated training
  • 2019 was my lowest volume year ever. I still had some decent results despite racing less.
  • Supported multiple teammates throughout the year to podiums and good placings
  • I did a cool gravel race in Wyoming! Got first in my AG and got to share a podium with two really goodcycling friends from back home.
  • Raced 2 xc ski races. More coming in the next season!
  • Did some BC touring. Awesome stuff, more of that coming too.
  • Prob not going to do CX nats, doesn't line up with my schedule. That's okay. Might do SSCXWC though.
Likes For Ttoc6: