TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2477 Post(s)
Liked 2,900 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
Don't wait, just do one. The time will fly by and you'll suddenly see your outdoor watts appear indoors. It's a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to stay in the "pack" without ending up on the front, and the sprinting is nothing like in real life. Everyone goes too early and Zwift overestimates drafting distances. You can spring at 150 and still gap dudes by several bike lengths if you've got the pop. You can also ride "through" other riders instead of having to go around them, so there's almost no tactics involved.
Thanks, maybe I will soonish. Any insider tips? I can read some generic articles online. I get that there's a fast start, and that they're typically an hour (or so). Any ideas on which event to select? I'm about 4.5 - 4.6 w/kg at threshold but my strenghts are really pursuity-type efforts and over/under (TTT and breakaway). Should I start out in B? Based on their self-selected categorization I'm an A, but I don't think I'll be winning many races if it turns out to be a long constant effort.