rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
Lmfao you're a sharlatan.

But yes, you are fully right, social media is full of people who are so full of themselves and their views they do get a kick out of doubling down on them when they are challenged. Your projection is hilarious.

"New cyclist here. 19 years old. I got my first road bike about three weeks ago and have clocked up around 800km so far. I did an FTP test yesterday. It has my current FTP at 257 watts or 3.21 w/kg (since I weigh 80kg). What sort of level is this at for someone untrained with no previous cycling or endurance experience?

Also, would anyone be able to point me to some resources or research on FTP or power training?"

You immediately replied saying it is a beginner's level, because oh look, he is a beginner. So insightful.

More than 1 in 3 are lower than that. But you say it is beginner level. The only way that that is possible is if 1 in 3 are beginners or cycling magically is the one sport where going from beginner to more advanced makes you worse. Even you can see how that isn't the case.
We get it. You don't like people with beginner FTPs being called beginners. No one cares. Move on.

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that he's asking about competitions?

Your last paragraph doesn't make any sense. Try again?

And it's "charlatan."