View Single Post
Old 01-16-22, 06:55 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2490 Post(s)
Liked 2,961 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
When you say, "Cat 6" you're basically saying non-racers, right? Which is everyone else.
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
yeah there were tons of strong young dudes who don't race. Was cool to see, but kind of sketchy, I can't crash right now because of my neck. Also can't stay in my drops for more than 10 minutes which kind of sucks. Damn neck.
Larry apparently does understand that there is no official "Category 6" and that that's a joke term used by licensed racers to smear unskilled new would-be racers. Hard to tell from his ambiguous replies to Koyote's and genejockey's requests for clarification, though.

That said, much as I hate to think I'm encouraging anyone's participating in outlaw we-own-the-road jackass behavior like the Spectrum ride, if Larry truly has learned how to handle himself safely in the pack, he might be able to hang longer by riding smarter. In particular, since he's probably one of the heavier riders there, he should move toward the front of the pack on flat and downhill terrain and then slowly filter back toward the tail end of the group on the climbs.