View Single Post
Old 01-15-21, 06:28 PM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Its called the VTXL, don't know which it is. My touring bike is a gravel version and with a 38c tire should be fine.
Originally Posted by djb
saw the blurb for it on bikepacking.com in the past and just looked at it again.
Looks like a lot of fun. I've really gotten hooked on wider than 38s, I have some 45-50mm on a bike that Ive ridden a lot over stuff like in the VTXL photos, and the more air volume, the better Ive found, even on my dropbar bike.
I don't know how blackflies are in Vermont, but around here they can be pretty bad in early summer, when the water is still rushing and cold, so maybe check out the times when they arent as bad.

have a great time, any trip going through pretty areas is fun, but again, I really find Vermont pretty.
This looks pretty serious to me. To do it in 4 days you're talking 75miles/7500ft(2500M) per day with gear. I'm not saying you can't do it, but I couldn't. I would be happy to do it in 6 days but would still be gassed. Please do a trip report, it does look beautiful and you have peaked my interest. I've been loving the gravel lately....
Sorry OP. Back to gearing: I'd be screaming for my granny on this mother.