View Single Post
Old 01-01-22, 01:06 AM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 1,768 Times in 897 Posts
Took the GT with its newly-reinstalled Nokian W240s out again on New Year's Eve, as the sun set, for a follow-up shakedown ride. It was full dark by the time I got to Arlington's Great Meadow...

... but you wouldn't know it from the Google Pixel 4 Night Sight images, Computational Photography delivering a pretty good surrogate for an image intensifier.

Mr. Bones has been relieved of sentry duty at the Maple Street ramp, but he's been replaced by a Snowy Owl who's (heh) deceptively adorable in daylight (though the voles aren't fooled), but becomes a luminous apparition, a little unnerving, at night.

Speaking of luminous apparitions, the trees in Arlington Center are flaunting their lumens this week.

Oh yeah, the bike... no apparent problem with the wheels. I think it's just that I had forgotten what riding the Nokians was like: the RH Humptulips Ridge Extralights provided an enormously planted feeling when ridden; the Nokians are a little twitchy when ridden on bare pavement. On some old (2013) advice of Peter White, I tried dropping the pressure in the rear tire to 40 PSI; seemed to help.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 01-01-22 at 09:17 AM.
Likes For rholland1951: