View Single Post
Old 04-25-22, 02:24 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by gauvins
Interesting. Would you happen to know if something can be done with the PaperWhite? (it can display the cover page of an Amazon book, but not from pdf files... and I do not feel like publishing my route book
Try searching for "turning off screensaver for kindle paperwhite". It looks like there are a couple answers. It looks like you need to do it while the light is off and wifi is off or the battery continues to drain. The following looks promising:
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...de-on-kindles/

Lots of stuff if you dig on the mobiread forums including this:
Disable screensaver/sleep mode on Paperwhite

Oh, and by the way, pulling the battery resets those settings back to the original settings at least on the kindle 3. Just found that out when the new battery arrived for my second kindle 3

There are other easy sounding non scarey answers that show up in the search. Also some possibly more scarey ones that involve jail breaking the kindle. Quick enough to put it back in the no screensaver mode though. I keep a little reminder note in the folder to remind me of the syntax.

Also fwiw. The manual switch is disabled by the change on the K3 while the screensaver is toggled off, not that that is a problem.

Last edited by staehpj1; 04-25-22 at 02:31 PM.