View Single Post
Old 05-14-22, 03:27 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
If you can't get measurements from a Redwood owner, I have an 'X'.
Given both bikes can use 700c & 650B, and the other frame dims are what make the differences in Dims (Head tube angle is same on both bikes) - I would be surprised if they're NOT using the same fork on both bikes. visually it looks the same.
here are the dims on my 'X' fork
A/C : 375mm
other dims to consider..
measuring 50mm down from Crown (roughly where the widest of tire width is on my bike) the clearance is 62mm +- 1mm
I have a Conti Speed ride 42mm 700c on the front.
Clearance from top of tire to crown is roughly 28mm +- 1mm.
...if this helps...
not that this impacts for your wife, but I'm certain I could easily put a 50mm-700c gravel tire in this fork.
Ride On Yuri
Thanks it helps a lot. I was thinking the same thing - why wouldn't they be at least similar in height, if not rake and tire clearance? For what I'm thinking of doing, the tire clearance is not paramount because she probably won't be running tires at the extremes of clearance anyway. Poseidon sells a "thru axle conversion kit" for the X. The full kit includes a CF fork with thru axle (they say it's 400mm A/C though), rear conversion hardware and two Redwood 650B wheels. I saw that the other day and thought the fork only option would be a good option. I contacted Poseidon, but they said it's intended for the X and is "not compatible" with the Redwood. I am impressed with their quick responses for the info I'm looking for But I'm not totally convinced that statement is true. I know they have the same tapered steerer so, to me, that would be the major hard "not compatible" factor. I've changed forks and/or replaced forks over the years and have a good idea of which deviations from original will be noticeable or significant or even if they're significant, whether it would be good or bad. So, if I knew what the OEM Redwood fork is in terms of AC and rake (I believe a fairly standard 45mm), I can make my own decision about whether It's so far off to be meaningful.

After what you've posted, the only info I'm missing is the AC of the Poseidon fork to compare. Thanks again.