Old 05-19-22, 10:01 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Selling the old ass Crockett and going modern. I enjoy logging gravel miles for z2/tempo and even some threshold stuff when riding "in town". I can just keep a much steadier burn going without all the stop signs, lights, turns, and such.

Given that, I wanted a nice cross bike. Modern electronic, fancy, slicker slightly aero look.

Got a 2020 TCX Pro 0, Quarq on the way. Nicest spd pedals on way. It was ridden once by a guy who bought a few bikes to race cross........as a 4/5 master's category guy......who wound up not liking racing cross. So, good price, next to zero miles on it. Local test ride and purchase. Really nice guy. Worked out for both of us! It's got the fancy modern 40mm deep cross wheels on it also. Hnnnnggg..
Out of curiosity what size Crockett? Price?

I bought a used giant tcx (alum) which turned out to have a cracked chainstay. Seller worked with me to get a warranty since I'd never even ridden it. Ended up with a tcx advanced sx frame that I rebuilt with the old parts. Yet to ride it on actual gravel. I think I've only ridden it out twice and it's been built for a year and a half. Ugh.