Old 11-23-20, 08:38 AM
Monoborracho

Bikes: More than I really should own.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SeniorCycling
So what is Santana doing if you cannot make the new scheduled trip? And what happens if you are not comfortable traveling with the pandemic? We have asked them what all of their policies are about safeguards and did not get a response from them. Just curious what travelers are thinking about 2021 trips and Santana's policies and itineraries. We have booked a trip and are hesitant with international travel - even in 2021. Just our own preference and it's seems to be difficult to get answers.
Originally Posted by reburns
Summer 2019 we booked a trip for May 2021 with Santana. It became clear to me by this summer that we would not want to get on an airplane or cruise ship by May next year, so I asked Bill to try to resell our reservation. Not sure if he’ll be able to do that or not. I expect that he’ll end up postponing the tour if it can’t happen when scheduled, perhaps by a year, which is what he’s been doing with 2020 tours. We insured the trip, but the insurance won’t cover us if the trip happens as planned and we just aren’t comfortable going. Not sure if we would be covered if the trip is rescheduled. In any event, I’ve written off the cost in my mind, and will just be interested in seeing how things play out and responding as appropriate. I don’t plan on committing to any more non-refundable events in any event.
Roger that !

Originally Posted by chichi
Santana rescheduled our August trip to May of next year. We are not happy with the way they have handled the reschedule or cancellation.
Our trip for next summer has been rescheduled and brought FORWARD by one week. We were advised not to buy airline tickets yet (they'll be cheaper 3 or 4 months out), and there is no information on the pre-tour activities that we have enjoyed in the past. So we are seven months out and, IMHO, it looks very doubtful that the EU will open to US citizens by then. We are at least 8 months into the pandemic, it's more rampant now than it was, and the trip is seven months away. I consider a trip to EU next summer to be a very low probability event. Not gonna happen.