Old 03-15-21, 10:09 AM
kkunreut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000-2002 Bianchi Brava

Long time reader, new poster.

I've been looking for an entry-level road bike with a bit of a project feel to keep my idle hands working and I found this 2000-2002 Bianchi Brava locally on CL. Unfortunately I can't post images or the CL post, but would be happy to message anyone willing to take a look. Below is some info from the post.

"Bianchi brava - $150
Bianchi brava everything works except for the front derailleur that doesn't shift to the biggest chainring it only goes to first and second perfectly fine tires are gator skin like new rear derailleur shifts smooth 58 cm large frame 3×8 sora components"

I haven't seen the bike in person yet, but the seller claims that everything is functional with the exception of the front derailleur not being able to shift to the big ring. For $120 (what I've talked him down to), is it worth it to see if I can take a stab at fixing the derailleur/polishing this bike up? Is the frame even worth it? I did a bit of research and it seems like this frame isn't anything to write home about, but would love to get much more experienced opinions on this.

Thank you in advance.

-K