Old 05-04-21, 07:54 PM
jesnow

Bikes: Pinarello Prince

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
You've definitely been unpleasant and thrown the 'know it all' bit a bunch. You had to know it was coming despite what you requested in post #1. I see the 'I know how to put tires on, I've been riding for xx years' all the time. All. The. Time. There are some really tough combinations but 99% of the time we can put them on in a matter of seconds. Removing material from a rim has not crossed my mind in over 25 years of making a living as a mechanic.
I didn't say I know it all. I said I know the tips and tricks, which I'll admit the kapton tape someone mentioned I hadn't thought of. So that's one thing. You can always get a bigger wrench or a bigger hammer, and of course I did that. I did get the tires on there, but there's no way that's working out on the road. What's nice is a lot of people actually engaged with my question and had something thoughtful to say about it. I learned something from those people. I'm a professional "out of the box" thinker I can't help myself. It's sometimes a disaster and sometimes awesome.

Your initial answer was at least honest and to the point. I marked that one "neutral".

cheers,
Jon.