Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
regarding how you "look" I remember cross training for a body transformation culminating back in 2009-2010. I was lucky for several years to have the time & freedom to pursue learning to swim laps on top of cycling, running, weight training & racquetball. always had to remind myself to protect myself from injury. a bad / slow day here & there is nothing to worry about, because every now & then I had legs I didn't recognize propelling me beyond imaginable performance. it was short lived but always a fun & surprising reward. appealing appearance will follow. I remember timing nutrition was almost as important as what the nutrition was. stay healthy. protect your joints & cartilage
I'm curious about your remark on nutrition timing. Was that timing something that was generally regarded as proper and so you did it too, or was that timing something you determined by experiment? I've experimented with timing some, but it's hard to sort out the effect in all the noise. For a while post-workout nutrition was sort of mandatory, but now I see some authorities are saying it's BS, weight gain being ths possible effect.