View Single Post
Old 11-27-21, 12:52 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Physical training is managed by a professional coach, but it is not as extraordinary as some believe. Overly long rides or training sessions at night are not included in my plan – that would only worsen regeneration......................

In the six months before RAAM, this means in practice: a total of 780 training hours, including many 6–7-hour endurance units in the lower range as well as shorter ‘brutal units’ with a few 4-, 8- or 16-minute ‘all-out intervals’. The aim is to raise my FTP threshold over 5 watts/kg, which is really not easy to do over long periods of time. However, the training continues even after the RAAM. In summer, I also took part in the Race Around Austria and in September I have some time trials in store before, after a brief off-season, preparation begins for the next year.
Some racers like Christoph Strasser and Marko Baloh put their riding on Strava or Training Peaks or at least they used to. It is possible to glean some information there. I do remember seeing a Christoph Strasser sweetspot session......8 x 20 minutes at the 390 watts. Gulp.

https://www.datasport.com/en/essenti...toph-strasser/