Old 01-29-22, 12:47 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by oktober
I started the day with freezing my hands while washing my bike when it was 39 degrees outside. I finish the day freezing my hands in my shop doing some very minor paint correction to make the bike look it's very best. It was a good day.

Y'all have convinced me, I need to ride it for a bit and see if I like the fit. I'm still tempted to strip all the components off of it and build it with stuff that actually has wear, but I'm impatient to see how it rides. I doubt I can wait for a used 105 group from ebay before I take this to the roads.
100% agree on the ride it part and encourage you (although I realize you probably don't need it) to really lean in and make it work with all the other fit factors, especially the seat tilt, fore/aft placement and all else.

I now see the BG's in your profile, great minds and all that.

Big fan of his, he moved to Eugene for 10 years after he left Eisentraut, hung out with Merz and DiNucci before returning to California.

Mine was built while he was up here.