Old 01-18-21, 02:10 PM
sacr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
It shouldn't need to be said over and over but people still don't get it. If you are not an emergency vehicle going to an emergency please use a solid light at the front. Ideally at the rear as well but most especially always at the front. It is extremely dangerous to ride with a flashing light at the front, it dazzles and blinds people and then they cannot see and as a cyclist not being able to see because some jack hole felt the need to flash to make himself have the illusion of more safety while hurting others is just not helpful. Cars don't have flashing lights, motorcycles and scooters don't have flashing lights. Why must we do it?
err....perhaps because we aren't able to run lights of the same intensity/beam pattern as cars/motorcycles. Gimme a lamp that performs the same as a car headlamp (without the need for a 5 kg battery pack) and Ill happily not use my strobing front lamp.
At night, I also use a steady lamp........as I need to see where Im going 100% of the time.

Being on the far side of the road, my flashing front light isnt going to be too much of an annoyance to oncoming traffic, but hopefully will get the attention of those that are going to pull out from a side street to join the road Im on or to turn across it.(which Ive found does help)