View Single Post
Old 10-24-21, 12:12 PM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 498 Posts
Originally Posted by ericcox
I did a gravel ride today that included some very fast descents on pretty rough gravel. I would have really liked a little bit of suspension. I agree with Freetor - the Lauf approach seems quite interesting.

I was having a conversation with my riding partner about it. I think there is a lot of room in the gravel bike genre. We've done a few races / events where we could get by with pretty narrow tires, and then we have done a few that just beat the hell out of you where we both would have loved a little suspension. I'm also fine with those who don't want it. More choice is good - I'll only get really worried if the UCI starts imposing restrictions that limit gravel bike innovation / differences.
My Surley Straggler is fine for most of the gravel I biked in the DFW area but found I could use some extra suspension for the trails that are really more for mtn bikes, like Northshore Grapevine. I was ok with Gateway Park FW. Where were you riding ?