View Single Post
Old 03-12-22, 06:43 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
I’m currently still sitting on both my Flight Deck bikes being in various stages of crap operation. I attribute it to my own poor set up and maintenance practices. I just seem too busy these days to follow up on all the tiny details so I fail to replace batteries and get clueless when I replace hoods with aftermarket ones that make the buttons wonky….

With this said, I do hold out that Flight Deck set-up will undergo a golden age of renewed appreciation and that some very patient person will publish an accessible user guide in the vein of the old Compleat Idiot’s Guide To Volkswagen Maintenance or one of Leonard Zinn’s bike maintenance books.

Having a accurate gear indicator that stays spot on and permits me to just set it on the cadence screen is such a powerful training tool for me. Unfortunately both mine are “auto-scrolling” through menus, stopping themselves with no input from me, re-setting to zero with no input from me, etc… so as you can tell, at this time I am Flight Deck nostalgic mostly and basically only able to reliably compare my trip and total mileage to GPS Strava measurements.