Old 07-26-22, 01:55 AM
Openroad2015

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Shimano 10 speed cassette with Campagnolo 10 speed drivetrain

My experience with Shimano 10 speed cassette on complete Campagnolo 10 speed drivetrain has not been very good. I did center the upper pulley to 5th cog, but when I go downhill, it always make noise when I am on large front chainring and try to get on 1st or 2nd position cogs. Sometimes it just won’t go.

just found an interesting video on YouTube by “Tiny Bike Projects”. Step by step instructions on how to re-spacing a Shimano 10 speed cassette to fit a full Campagnolo drivetrain. Shimano 10 speed cassette is dirt cheap now if buy used. Plus SRAM 10 and all their MTB 10s. Options are unlimited. For $20 for the spacers, I definitely will give it a try. It is much cheaper than shiftmate. I am able to re-spaced a Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 speed 12/27 cassette follow the video. Works well for 2 rides about 96 miles. Absolutely no noise. And lighter than my Centaur 10 speed cassette. Need to readjust limit screws on RD since the position of the cassette on the freehub has changed.

I do not see a lot of people running Campagnolo shifters with Shimano derailleurs. If that is the case, probably just go all Shimano or SRAM. Reason for me to look at Shimano or SRAM 10 cassette for my 10 speed Campagnolo group is because of the limit availability of Campagnolo 10 cassette and also limited gear ratio Campagnolo has offered.