Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Where I live we really don't have any MUPs or bike lanes of great length...About 3 miles worth at best. So riding the state highways and county roads is where it's at if you want to do any long distance riding. And riding on the shoulder is the safest option for both motorist and biker.
I do understand that it's different in different places. We aren't talking about MUPs or bike lanes so I'm not sure where that fits in the conversation.

I feel blessed to have a 11 mile long MUP that only has three places it crosses a busy intersection. But I also have lots of decent roads too. Most 2 lane with no shoulder. And I ride on them with few issues from anyone except for one SUV with a Pro Life affinity license plate that seems to like to pass me in blind curves and gets closer than 3 feet. I suppose I'll have to report her soon.

Otherwise traffic behind me is little issue. Most are patient, a few show a little of their annoyance. But even the dump trucks going back and forth to the gravel pit seem to be very patient when behind me and they pass with the utmost care.
Likes For Iride01: