Old 02-10-13, 07:39 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,577 Posts
My 650A (650B) Rando-Commuter Build and Updates Thread.

*** 2021 NOTE: This build has been through a few iterations! If you want to skip a bunch of hemming and hawing and gory mistakes, click here for the current state: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...l#post22178135 ***

Original story starts below, in 2013:
----------------------------------------------------

Hey folks, it's no secret that I've been accumulating parts for a project this winter, but I haven't posted much about the build for fear that something wouldn't fit and have to abort the project in shame. Well, the wheels are finally done, and things are looking up (if grainy)!

Frame, rims, and rear hub are courtesy of balindamood, front hub is courtesy of 3speedslow.

The fender clearance looks good in front and rear:

My only concern is at the chainstays. Nothing rubs, but I'll most likely end up moving the wheels back in the dropouts to free up some room:

These are the Panaracer Col de Vie 650A tires -- I'm not crazy about the tread, but with Panaracer's nice sidewalls, they should ride comfortably without robbing too much energy from the rider. More to come!
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498

Last edited by ThermionicScott; 09-14-21 at 10:06 AM. Reason: notes for posterity
Likes For ThermionicScott: