Old 10-31-20, 07:52 AM
marguette

Bikes: DCO - City Class - 2020

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
step through

thank you for your comments. I definately need a step-through, at least for now, until I gain more strength and confidence. That s why I selected this bike. I have poor balance, especially when getting off and I've had knee replacement surgery. My weight is also a factor. The bike seems to have similar characteristics as the schwin but felt more comfortable. I'm very wabbly at startup but I guess that's normal and should improve over time.

Originally Posted by jpescatore
A couple comments after taking a quick look at the specs:

The derailleurs are Shimano Tourney, which is the bottom level of Shimano equipment, but you are at the entry level of bike price. The rims have 36 spokes, which is good from a reliability perspective.

Probably the biggest thing is the "step through" frame - did you look at any bikes with a straight top tube, or do you already think you have problems getting your leg over a "normal" bike? They are less sturdy and if you ever want to carry the bike on a car, they can limit your choices in carriers.

Echo the earlier comments - I'm a spring chicken at 63, but on group rides (when we still had them!) many 70+ riders leading the way.