Old 11-01-20, 04:22 PM
marguette

Bikes: DCO - City Class - 2020

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Balance

I have the winter to strengthen my legs and build core strength. Started walking up and down six fligths of stairs and plan to do that at least 4 x a week. I don't think there is much risk of a falll cycling at 5 km an hour. Lol

QUOTE=VegasTriker;21770788]One thing that might be of concern is you describing your balance as "poor." Anyone at your stage in life (and I am older than you) should be thinking of the repercussions if you crash. Any avid rider is going to crash sometime and it is more likely if you have poor balance. That's just one of the risks of cycling. I still own a couple of regular bikes but switched to mostly riding recumbent trikes 17 years ago. I didn't have poor balance back then and don't to this day. After an minor crash I began to consider what would happen if I broke a hip. For me, that's the part that seemed to hit the ground first, and while I never broke any bones recovering from bruised hip and a hematoma (blood blister inside the muscle) was painful and prolonged.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by marguette; 11-01-20 at 04:24 PM. Reason: sp error