View Single Post
Old 06-10-21, 09:52 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
I've done that! Thought it would be a good idea to have a spare Superbe Pro RD that supports index shifting. Now I have three because I didn't check the stash!

And then there is the too emotional purchase or string of them associated with the De Rosa. Great deal on the frame, Great deal on the wheel set. But the wheel set determined the rest of the purchases. They are 10V era Record hubs in black (set the color way too), with Ambrosia Nemisis rims, and included a Campy 10 speed cassette (<$150). Italian needs Italian, have to go the 10V route with Record. Spent way more on brakes (twice, black and silver) and deraileurs (Two front ones) than I felt comfortable. Go for it or go home. Next was a couple of Ergo's (now have a spare set) that were refurbished. Had a crank set, NOS Miche post because the good deal on the Chorus aero was too short, Campagnolo cables and way too expensive Campagnolo skewers. Tires were already in the stash. Of course a new chain and the right color combination of Keo pedals.
And you would think I was done but now I want to change the stem and HB (alread purchased)!

Not much margin left if I were to sell it. That is not in the cards as it is on the bucket list of bikes to own in my size. I am afraid to add up the total purchases.

After all that you would expect it to be the best ride...... it is!