View Single Post
Old 06-29-21, 09:02 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,022 Times in 722 Posts
Originally Posted by 1oldtrackie
It looks as though several people completely mis-understood my point here. This was about being on here many years and just not being the type of person who applauds everyone for what ever reason - tires - color of your road bike - welcome - etc etc.

I was trying to retrieve messages and the forum doesn't allow me to do this unless I have a minimum of 10 posts. They seem to think that you could be a spammer but it's obvious after several years here that I am not.

I'm just trying to respond to members who have reached out to me regarding track stuff. I couldn't do that because I only had 6 or 7 posts in all these yrs. I find this site doesn't really do much in Track related material from the TOC era which is my wheelhouse.

Thank you again for the people here who have seen this as important and have responded.

I also might be starting a Forum only related to TOC track racing where no road bike stuff will be allowed. It would kind of like having a site with Barney Oldfield and only that era and guys start posting their GTO cars ......... just doesn't work.
Gotta agree with Fishboat, says more about you that after a couple years it took a rant to get you enough posts to finally be able to add pictures. I can't be bothered with the cool, nice, or random single word posts; if the bike is truly cool enough to comment on then I make sure its a real comment. I also take the time to give mechanical advice.
Assuming TOC is turn of the century, don't know enough to care, it maybe means you know enough to respond to threads about wooden rims and wheels, there's a number of them over the last two years alone; I've read them also from thinking about making some wood rims for fun.

And if TOC is turn of the century, here's mine. (doesn't say which century) Its a rather ugly POS but it works and I race it.