Old 07-23-21, 12:29 PM
Eyes Roll

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak
The saddle is as low as it can go, which suggests that the bike might be at the upper limit of the acceptable size range for the current owner. (Or maybe the owner just likes a low saddle position for casual riding.)

Looks like about a 23" frame size, which would be suitable for riders between about 5' 9" and 6' in height, give or take.
This is correct assessment. The current owner's and my height fall within the ^^^ stated height range.

Where is the "like" button?

Originally Posted by plonz
I think you’re fine spending $50 on this as a low end commuter. You may be able to ride as is but were it me, I’d budget for tires, chain, cables/housing, brake pads and bar tape.
I am new to bike riding. No, if the bike is not ridden for several years by the current owner, I will not take a chance. I will have it thoroughly checked and tuned up before I put it to active use, or else, I will be stranded on the street, if anything goes wrong with it.

I like to do my own research and engage myself in DIY projects. On the other hand, if the bike can be tuned up at a reasonable cost, I may consider taking it to a local bike shop.

Last edited by Eyes Roll; 07-23-21 at 12:33 PM.