gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,793 Times in 2,280 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I've ridden Beaverton Hillsdale Highway many times. The shoulders disappear between the two Fred Meyers stores. And it has a lot of LARGE storm sewer grates along the route.

Following @gugie, and crew, I found a route between Beaverton and Portland that cuts a couple of blocks south of Beaverton Hillsdale that hits a short bike path, through an apartment complex, and cuts through a corner of a school yard.

I think @Linds476 was wanting to head north from Beaverton. Many of those streets aren't too bad. Some with good bike lanes. Perhaps less traffic pressure than other roads since it is parallel to a good freeway. Are there times when the entire freeway dumps onto residential roads?

I'm not quite sure where one cuts across HWY 26. Probably on Cedar Hills Blvd.

Actually, I think Cedar Hills Blvd has bike paths along at least parts of it, and would take one right into the middle of Beaverton. It should have good visibility.

There may be other less busy residential roads, but then one ends up wandering around some since none of the roads go through.
@Andy_K knows the roads like the back of his hand.