View Single Post
Old 05-12-22, 12:36 PM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by damnbike
Success!
Went to a bike shop, they said 1.5 week wait, I said screw that im fixing it myself. The key was to take my wife's bike, which is the same make/model as mine, just the female version, instead of my other bike, and sit her bike upsdie down right behind my bike upside down. (I work on bikes upside down because I don't have a bike mechanic stand). This way, I could look at both simulataneously, instead of turning my head back and forth, and forgetting what the other bike looked like immediately. I also had to wait till I wasn't brain fogged either. It really came down to the rear derailer being all coiled shut instead of sprung open like it should be.

Procedure on how I fixed it:
First I put the crankset back on
Then I pulled open the rear derailer and the chain magically untangled and gave me enough slack to put the chain over the pedal crank arm and onto the chainwheel.
then, with the rear derailer still held open, i put the rear wheel back on, and the front derailer back into position and it just worked.
So now do you have enough posts to post pictures of your ride? Pictures or it never happened.

also now your on your way to being self sufficient.
Likes For biker128pedal: