View Single Post
Old 05-16-22, 05:22 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 3,379 Times in 2,044 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I suppose the question is what the job is? Is it working for a local bike shop, or is it working for a professional cycling team (which might also include time in a team car).

If this is serious, I'd encourage you to hire locally. If you find someone that shows promise, but lacks some skills, perhaps there is a place you could send he person for both classroom and on-the-job training.

I suppose if it is for a team mechanic, perhaps you could poach mechanics from other teams.

In many cases bike mechanics don't get paid well (maybe $10 to $20 an hour). So, come in with an offer a mechanic can't refuse, and you'll snag someone. $50 an hour?

Here in the USA, we have people called "headhunters". Their job is to track down qualified employees, and even snag them from competitor businesses.
The real question is WHERE is the job. Going by the OP location it'd be a major culture shock that would cramp a lot of westerners style.

​​​​​​https://www.aetnainternational.com/e...-american.html