View Single Post
Old 06-11-22, 09:51 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by sean.hwy
Everyone posting photos of road shoes with shoelaces, while my biggest grip with most flat bottom mnt/gravel bikes shoes is I can't get them without laces.

Do the laces feel better on your feet or they more comfortably on the top or something? I just hate how the long laces eventually come undone and sometimes wrap around the pedal :/
The only cycling shoes I had before laced ones were (admittedly not top end) Shimano MTB shoes with 2 velcro straps and a ratchet. Both pairs that I had of those fit me great everywhere except the toe box, which was too wide. There was no way that I could tighten the one velcro strap in that area up enough to get the toe box tightness right. With laced shoes, instead of 3 points to adjust fit, you have 8 or 10 or however many gromets you have to play with. Overall, it lets you get a more customized fit from the upper.

My shoes have an strap (top is leather, sides are elastic) on the tongue to tuck the tied loops into. Never had a problem with them coming out and getting caught anywhere. The only downside (if you can call it that), is that they're not as fast to get on/off as other cycling shoes.
Likes For himespau: