View Single Post
Old 07-14-22, 09:42 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6944 Post(s)
Liked 10,944 Times in 4,677 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
The hose/connector on the Micro Floor Drive is different than the ones used on the smaller hand pumps (e.g. Road Drive, Pressure Drive, Alloy Drive, etc.) which are the ones generally involved in complaints. However, I’ve been using the hosed Lezyne pumps, of which I have three in service, for 10 years and I can maybe, vaguely, recall partially unscrewing a valve core once, which leads me to think that to the extent this is an issue, it’s a matter of technique…basically “user error.” There are definitely easier-to-use heads out there, but at the expense of size and weight.
I run tubeless, which means that I regularly (each month or so) unscrew the valve cores to check sealant levels...and then screw them in firmly when finished. So I don't reckon the valve core thing would be a problem. And I do also reckon that it's a random thing, or maybe more likely to happen to people who never check their valve cores.

Kind of leaning toward the Lezyne Alloy HV pump, since I'm comfortable taking care of on-the-road issues without a gauge. Hell, last week I finished a ride and had sealant all over my frame's rear triangle -- I mean, more sealant than I've ever seen after a ride. The tire was down 10-12 psi from when I'd started. (went from 38 to 26.) I didn't even notice anything while riding. So, I guess I'm not very sensitive to tire pressure.