View Single Post
Old 01-05-24, 09:03 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2054 Post(s)
Liked 1,550 Times in 1,073 Posts
In my childhood I had a BSO which I rode around my parents' condo and in local parks. In my teenage years my parents bought me a 26" McKinley 10 speed hardtail MTB / hybrid? Riding it was one of the few escapes from my strict father until I was allowed use of the family car starting my senior year in high school. Driving initiated a quarter century hiatus from cycling encompassing university, work, law school, new career, and starting a family. Then one day, when I was in my early 40s, I realized that many people were zooming around on their bicycles in Irvine. Since I was by then a parent and no longer partaking in urgent apple pie delivery from the Julian Pie Co. via the local mountain passes, I decided to resume cycling to see if I could recapture the Zen (flow?) I had experienced (first as a teenage cyclist, then as a middle-age pie transporter). I bought a hybrid and within 6 months, a proper road bike. Who knew whether I would have resumed cycling if I did not live here? By late 2020 I had joined Bike Forums, so well past the point of no return.
Likes For SoSmellyAir: