Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4445 Post(s)
Liked 4,551 Times in 3,045 Posts
Weight training is ruining everything else

Not knocking weights training but for me I’m going to have to stop. I can’t recovery like I could when I was younger just a reality I have to except. I get too beat up on the weights and makes all other active activity miserable. My shoulders can’t press anymore after a session I’m just in pain for days. Squatting and deadlifting takes forever to recover ruining my passion for cycling. I love fishing and launching and loading my boat and throwing a bass rod all day is miserable after I beat myself up with weights . I have physical work to do to keep my place maintained and I end up loafing around because I’m trying to recover from weights. Now with my bikes I have no recovery issues at all. I can ride 30 miles then mow the grass and weed eat then chainsaw work with no issues of recovering. Then ride 30 miles the next day feeling good. I know endurance sports target the slow twitch muscles that recover quickly. I enjoy bike riding for the endorphins and the adventure of trying out new areas. Weights is a 1 hour torture session that leaves me debilitated for days lol. Probably going to sell off my weight collection from over the years to some kid training for football or a much younger athletic type so I can have more space for my home bike shop. Ok rant almost over and venting is making me feel better. I believe weight training is great and encourage anybody to train but for me personally it doesn’t do anything for me due to physical limitations. I will spare the details on that Going to focus on bike riding and hiking and I will get enough resistance training by physical work.

Last edited by Hondo Gravel; 05-13-21 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Everything Else
Likes For Hondo Gravel: