BlueDevil63 
my name is Jim

Bikes: too many or not enough

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 93 Posts
1965(?) Masi Special

This is new to me but it was previously owned by a forum member. I think there were pictures posted of it a few years ago but I changed the bar tape color so I think that allows me to post more pictures

Restored 1965 Masi Special. Decals are original stock. Date comes from stamp "65" on steerer tube and from Alberto Masi. Other opinions on date put it a bit later. I bought it some time ago but it was damaged in shipping. The repairs took longer than expected. Kudos to BikeFlights for covering the damage with no hassle.

Components include Campagnolo Record RD and FD (with cable stop), Campy pedals, shifters, hubs, seat post and headset. Cinelli stem with both badge and stamp (badge added later?). Brooks "Campagnolo" model saddle, reupholstered by our own @rhm. Magistroni Super Zenith crank and BB. Super Zenith was a steel cotterless crank, a last gasp from Magistroni. Universal 61 brakes, Fiamme rims, Regina Oro chain and freewheel.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, I post process the crap out of the standard drive side photo of the bike. The rest of the shots not so much processing. I shoot in indirect but bright light (cloudy day or in building shadow on sunny day).

Click on any of the pics to go to my Flickr account.

70 Pogliaghi ItalCorse, 72 De Rosa, 72 Masi Gran Criterium, 75 Masi Gran Criterium, 77 Melton, 79 Bianchi Super Leggera, 79 Gios Super Record, 81 Picchio Special, 82 Guerciotti Super Record, 82 Colnago Profil CX, 83 Colnago Superissimo, 84 Fuso