View Single Post
Old 03-12-09, 12:09 PM
Raffi

Bikes: 2008 Trek 520, Brooks B-17 special, Leather handlebar tape, Berhault Stainless fenders, Dinotte 200l, Amber, and taillight, Nitto campee, and Big Rack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice ride, and the pull behind?

Originally Posted by CyKKlist
I have my 2006 520 in sage green. Funny how I won't put too much thought into my own clothing coordination (ask my wife), but I'll put thought into how things look with the bike. I have a dark green Brooks saddle, red handlebar and trunk bags, and red panniers. Since I have small children I don't have the time/money/freedom to tour as much as I'd like, but I use the 520 as my only bike right now -- commuter, club rides, charity/century rides, and now as a towing bike for my son's Novara Afterburner (trail a bike). Here's a shot of the 520 in its latest role. We're training now for the PALM ride across Michigan in June.
I've also added two photos of the 520 fully loaded, from a trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina in '07.
These bikes are just so sleek looking. They look as classic as they are. You bring more proof that it's an everything bike. I'm commuting with mine currently and pulling the kid's trailer. I have to get those cyclocross rims and tires together so I can trail around a bit. How old was your son when he could ride the pull behind? How long will he ride for? My daughter is 3, I was looking forward to her getting reaching that age, but now another is on their way. I guess it's the trailer for a while longer.