View Single Post
Old 12-12-19, 07:48 AM
Trotsky

Bikes: My mountain bike after 22 years is retired, and I am now using a touring bike, and I still have my folding bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My wife accepted a job at Queens medical center, and we will be relocating to Oahu in March 2020. We currently live in Barbados. The roads like in most Caribbean countries, except the highway are narrow, but the drivers for the most part are courteous. They will wait for me to get around a corner before passing, or wait until oncoming traffic is not so heavy. I too am courteous by getting up off the road for large trucks or buses. Its a very good symbiotic relationship. Drivers also are very good at getting around bicycles and the only horn that you will hear is if someone knows you. There is no 3ft law, but the roads are not big enough for it. I don't have a car by choice, so cycling is my only option for getting around. I do the grocery shopping, and I have a trailer for the case of wine and hardware. Of course I also like to ride for recreation. I have read the older posts, and some sound interesting, while others are concerning. So what can one expect while in riding on Oahu?