Old 10-08-22, 07:01 AM
stedge 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Thanks. Durham/chapel Hill area. rolling hills but nothing serious. So dont need to get particularly low gearing. For currently planned use. If I ride out Asheville/blue ridge way I have a bike with that capacity though I would likely die before I got to the top of Mt Mitchell no matter what I had unless it had a motor. As I get older the range sure is comfortable, though. So I guess I am open and contemplating. Seen some of your great builds but wanted to see how folks would do this frame with a clean sheet and someone else’s money (though that is just an excercise). Anything from 12-25 w up front a low of 39 certainly can work. However more range is certainly practical.

The spacing is 120. It has been refinished so it is no pristine vintage bike so I could have it spread but it looks great and I kind of like the vintage ethos - to a degree. Ean, I just bought an old lugged frame, right? But function first, form second. I was planning on keeping the ergo as a backup for 2 other bikes that use it, so it is there in a box and I could use it if nothing presents itself (I do want to do the build this winter), but I’d prefer something else for this bike, I think.

There is a bike near me with Sante. I would guess I could, in essence, get a free frame there. So that is the reason I asked about Sante. However, the color is…. Well, it would determine some direction. But it is good quality from what I understand, slotted just below DA. I am trying to picture this bike - the frame is green powder coat - with that group. Hmmm. Was really more thinking chrome, and black or tan/brown accents much like an old British Racing Green MG or some such, brooks saddle, etc. Not a Miami Vice kinda thing. But perhaps that would be…..different and worth a first try. Still thinkin, and waiting on photos to see condition of the stuff.

Last edited by stedge; 10-08-22 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Added info
Likes For stedge: