Branimir
Merckx wannabe

Bikes: Rampon EL/OS 5700 groupset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my pride and joy!

80s Zullo. Repainted and reequipped, previous owner stripped the paint of and redid the paint job and fitted the bicycle with Shimano 600 group (brakes, levers, hubs, etc...), as far as I can read the markings on the Shimano parts, they are all post 1985. It's 2x6 speeds.

Tires are cheap (9euro per tyre!) crappy Rubena 700x21 - I don't like them but they look nice due tan sidewalls, will buy 700x23 Panaracer Pasela's when I get some money, because I have to order them online, LBS's here don't sell them. Brooks B17 is the saddle, and I'm totally satisfied with it! I'm 175cm in height and this bike is C-T 56cm and top tube is around 55.5, I'm constantly thinking I need maybe a bit smaller bike, I find this one comfortable as is, the stem is only 10cm, and I could get away with a longer stem too. The whole bicycle is 10.5kgs in weight which is pretty cool since I have no clue about the rims and spokes, what brand they are and I think rims got some beating throught the years, at least the back wheel, he's not 100% straight, the front one is much better shape. Oh, and the Brooks saddle is half kilo in weight, so I was not aiming for a weight weenie.

I tried raising the stem up and down and found this lower position more aggressive and putting me in more demanding position - that is - to push the pedals, rather than to coast

ps: pedal clip ons are on the way, can't wait to put them on, I got used to them with my previous bicycle and I hate when my foot skids over the pedal and makes me almost fall of the bike hehe

Last edited by Branimir; 08-25-12 at 11:52 AM.