Thread: Denver??
View Single Post
Old 05-22-21, 05:53 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
I have to wonder... Assuming you aren't crazy about the routes offered, why choose to tour on a route based on rather arbitrary start and end points even if the resulting route is way less than ideal? Why not just choose a great route and ride there instead. I assume that maybe you need to get from Denver to Cheyenne and are using it as a reason to do a tour. I'd suggest that just maybe it would make more sense to forget that approach and pick a great route and go there, especially since you are driving to the route any way. Barring that you could stick with the end point and possibly look at different start points. Perhaps you could find a route that you liked better that way.

Not sure how long your tour is and how it would impact logistics, but how about just starting in Ft Collins or somewhere else.

Maybe I am making incorrect assumptions here. If so please ignore. I have a feeling I might actually enjoy the I 25 frontage road, but without more checking out I can't say for sure.

I can see a desire to use the bike as utilitarian transportation much like commuting, but you are already getting there by rental car and I figure tours are not generally in that utilitarian category and probably shouldn't be. I figure it is better to tour somewhere because you want to see a place, or just because you want to ride from point A to B, not because you need to get from point A to B.

Last edited by staehpj1; 05-22-21 at 05:59 AM.