aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by drlogik
Hi viz on road. The first time I drove up behind a rider wearing them they looked like two bright yellow lights going up and down. Coupled with his bright red blinker and hi viz jersey and rear view mirror (Take a Look"), I initially thought, "eesh, I'll never do, THAT!". Heck, the first thing I used to take off a bike was the reflector.

Then I had a close call a couple of days later on my bike. I've been hi viz jersey and socks ever since....and a Take a Look mirror.

I don't give a s*** what other people think, but, a lot of people are doing exactly what I am doing and I see more every day. And, many are experienced riders too.
If you're out on the road with traffic this is the only answer. Contrasting colors for the win...I'd rather look like a fat clown (and I do) and get "noticed" by sleepy drivers in their Brodozers so I can come home to my family than try to match (too much). I do have some green camo socks that match a green camo jersey I like...other than that...wear a contrasting sock color.

Or not.