Old 06-30-21, 11:44 AM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
I'm in the NP system right now. Paddleboard and mountain bike road trip. So far Jasper, Banff, Waterton, today in Fernie then up through Kootenay to Yoho. Everything is open as far as bike camping is concerned. Some car campsites are half occupancy but they fit bikers in. Whistlers campground in Jasper is closed for major renovations a second year in a row but Wapiti is open. There is a major easing of restrictions come July 1st.

Feeling thankful I chose a van trip rather than a bike trip this week. Heat wave all week long with Temps 95-100f and above. Would have been a horror show trying to cycle during the day.
Yikes, you picked a hot week for it!

I was in the Columbia Valley on the weekend, but drove back before the heat wave as it would be way too hot in my yurt.

Last summer it was hard to work out what was open and what was closed due to covid. It was a big disappointment to see campgrounds closed after Labour Day, as it put a damper on spontaneous car camping trips. Doesn't really matter for bike camping as you can just wheel in and camp anyway. As long as the toilets arent locked.

Have a great trip, mind the heat!