View Single Post
Old 07-24-21, 01:10 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 4,712 Times in 2,911 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
That's not how I looked at it. Instead, I went with a website (MyFitnessPal) that took my weight and age, my target weight, and when I wanted to get there, and it gave me 2160 calories a day as a goal.

My usual breakfast is about 280 calories, which gets me through till 1 PM not feeling either weak or hungry. Then lunch is about 500 calories, and that gets me through till 6 PM. Dinner is about 900-1000 calories, and that leaves another 300 calories for snacking. If I ride, that's between 500 and 900 calories extra I can eat, depending on how long and how hard I ride. If you're not eating out and you're cooking your own food, a 900 calorie dinner can be quite a lot of food. Just don't eat fried crap.

The biggest problem for me is that I'm often really hungry by 6PM and if dinner isn't ready I can vacuum up the snacks.
That’s exactly what I did, although I tended to eat a larger breakfast and often skipped lunch. No weakness with a moderate target weight loss, but had to remain focused on the calorie count.