Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by shawn_dubs
I'm hoping it was just a fluke and it won't happen with this new wheel.

Didn't mean to get you paranoid, just saying keep an eye out in case it's a broader problem.

I never touch spokes, way out of my area of knowledge. I did have a spoke pop early on (while it was just sitting there in my apartment, wasn't riding or on it or anything) and the shop fixed it. Wouldn't think it'd be that since it's only been the experts touching them.
How many km or miles roughly have you put on your verve so far? Are you happy with the bike overall?

I've gotten a chance to spend some more time with the bike. I got about 65km range total on my first battery drain which is totally fine for my needs.

I am a somewhat spirited rider which coincides strangely with the intentions of the verve. With that being said, the bike still handles that sort of riding well. It has a rather high trail figure.. even higher than my mountain bike. It refuses to be pushed quickly into turns and motivates the rider to chain together a series of smooth and fluid turns. It feels very rewarding and highly responsive when done right. For a 54lb bike, can't complain.

if possible to make it lighter, that would be the first major thing with this bike. Next would be the head tube angle. I'd imagine that an e bike would need a steeper head tube angle than the non e version to account for the extra weight. They did the opposite. 68.5° is normal for a trail bike with a long suspension fork, not a hybrid bike.

Overall, the bike is comfortable and extremely stable thanks to the longer top tube than what I've been used to. I had to brake quickly on a slight incline with some loose sand surfacing while carrying about 30lb in my panniers which really put into perspective how stable and easily controlled this bike is even when you try to overwhelm it. The extra weight in the panniers actually really helped to improve handling balance.